Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Liam!

I am really into birthdays, and now that Liam is getting old enough to understand, we really wanted this to be a special day for him.  The night before, Mike blew up 50 balloons and we put them all over the floor in his room. This is right after he woke up in a room full of balloons:

 

 Annual picture in his birthday shirt...




 Here he is opening his birthday present...

 We probably could have stopped at the card. He was obsessed with music Cars card.


We bought him an MP3 player because he loves music and I'm not a fan of him using my ipod. We were so excited that he loved it! And he is still listening to it all the time. A few people on his playlist : Katy Perry, Adele, Rhianna, Ke$ha, Train, and I may or may not have put Tardy for the Party on the playlist. Mom Fail? haha!

We are absolutely in love with this little boy. In a way it seems like he was just born yesterday, and in other ways it feels like I've known him my whole life. The older he gets, the harder it is to remember what life was like before he was here. And that is one of my favorite parts of him growing up. Because honestly, I don't want to remember what life was before he was ours. It was missing something, and I didn't even know that until he was born. Until I held him for the first time, and felt him warm skin and breathed him in. I knew that my life would be different, but I had no idea how. And now, even though there are days when I feel like I don't know what I'm doing, and moments that are so completely overwhelming that I just break down and cry, I know that I am doing exactly what I was always meant to do. Being a mom has been harder than I ever could have imagined, but being Liam's mom has been the greatest gift of my life.


No comments: