Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

She is here, and the world is better :)....Olivia's birth story

Our plan during this pregnancy was to try for a VBAC if Olivia decided to come before her due date. Otherwise, we were scheduled for a c-section on the 23rd. Our last Dr.'s appointment was on Tuesday and I hadn't made any progress. I hadn't had any contractions and I was still only dialated to about 1cm. We decided to go ahead with the c-section. I went to the hospital to do all of my registration and bloodwork, and Mike and I both went to work. We met my parents for dinner at O'Charleys and then went home to relax. We all watched some TV, put Liam to bed, and then Mike and I headed to bed a little after 10. I'd been crampy all day, but had still never had any contractions. I woke up at about 3:00am and noticed some bleeding. Not long after I started having some contractions. Not super painful, but I was definitely having them! Sounds crazy I'm sure, but I never had any contractions that I could feel, and I always sort of felt like I missed out. I was pretty sure that it wasn't real labor, but we decided to go ahead and go in to the hospital just to make sure everything was ok. (Just arriving at the hospital...40w2d) We got all checked in and put on the monitors by about 4:30am. (We had to be in at 7am anyway for pre-op stuff). No one ever checked me, but I was having contractions about 6 minutes apart. The nurses started my IV and we just kept an eye on the baby for the next few hours. During that time the contractions started tapering off, and were getting farther apart, so we started preparing for the c-section. They took me back to the OR right before 8:30...Mike decided to wait outside while I got my spinal (He hates needles!!) but he did watch from the window....


As soon as they were done, Mike came back in. I was so nervous right up until that point, and for some reason, as soon as Mike was back with me, I was very relaxed and really excited.....could have also had something to do with some of those meds ;) They started the c-section just after 8:30am and Olivia Reese was born at 8:43am.....all 6lbs 7oz and 19in of her tiny little self.....


(6lbs 7oz 19inches....tiny little peanut)





She is here. She is perfect. We are in love all over again.


And these two babies make our lives complete.

No comments: